For other people called Mycroft Holmes, see Mycroft Holmes (disambiguation).
According to Brad Mengel's "Watching the Detectives, or The Sherlock Holmes Family Tree", Mycroft had three children: Andrew Holmes ("The Affair of the Midnight Midget" by Ardath Mayhar) and Isobella Holmes (The Curse of the Nibelung by Marcel D'Agneau) by his first marriage, and "Shrinking" Violet Holmes by his second marriage.
From Win Scott Eckert's Crossovers and other sources we get a timeline of Mycroft's life:
- 1847 - Birth of Mycroft Holmes
- 1875 - Enter the Lion by Michael P. Hodel and Sean M. Wright
- 1886 - Mycroft Holmes is appointed the head of the British Secret Service, becoming the first M.
- 1887 - All-Consuming Fire by Andy Lane
- 1887 - Against the Brotherhood by Quinn Fawcett
- 1888 - "The Adventure of the Greek Interpreter" by Arthur Conan Doyle (first appearance of Mycroft Holmes in a Sherlock Holmes story)
- 1891 - "The Final Problem" by Arthur Conan Doyle
- 1892 - "Too Many Stains" (The Adventure of the Second Stain)" by Marvin Kaye
- 1893 - "Places for Act Two!" by Bradley H. Sinor
- 1893 - The Scottish Ploy by Quinn Fawcett
- 1894 - "The Adventure of the Empty House" by Arthur Conan Doyle (Mycroft is mentioned)
- 1894 - "Art in the Blood" by Brian Stableford
- 1895 - "The Adventure of the Bruce-Partington Plans" by Arthur Conan Doyle
- 1896 - Predator: Nemesis by Gordon Rennie and Colin MacNeil
- 1898 - The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen by Alan Moore and Kevin O'Neill
- 1906 - The Earthquake Machine by Austin Mitchelson and Nicholas Utechin
- 1907 - Doctor Watson and the Invisible Man by Noel Downing
- 1908 - The Case of the Missing Martian by Doug Murray
- 1916 - The Adventure of the Peerless Peer by Philip José Farmer
- 1924 - The Game by Laurie R. King
- 1925 - Birth of Mycroft's daughter "Shrinking" Violet Holmes